I know the title is a bit confusing. What facts ? I was thinking and revising the article bellow and found that this is the best place to find some facts about Bangladesh cricket team. Some facts are cool, you’ll find those interesting. But not all, some facts will make you upset. Whatever, I am not the guy to judge, I am the guy who share facts and that’s all.
1. So, fact no 1 is simple, easy & everyone should know this. But I was shocked after asking two so called die hard fans about this. They was like “is this guy crazy ?, we are fans dude, not Wikipedia. Okay lets come to the point, do you know the score of first international match Bangladesh cricket team played ?
It’s 98 run in 1986 against Pakistan in Asia cup. Yeah it sounds poor & Bangladesh lost by 7 wicket. :(
2. Although They Played The first international match in 1986, Bangladesh qualified for Cricket World Cup in 1999 after winning the ICC trophy :)
3. ICC Trophy ! Oh yeah, the first winning of any international trophy for Bangladesh was the ICC Trophy in 1997 in Malaysia by winning the tournament.
4. What about one day match ? Do you know when Bangladesh won the first one day match ? Guess. . . . . . Bangladesh won the first ODI in 1998 against Kenya.
5. Let’s talk about Test cricket for now. Bangladesh Got Test status in 26 June 2000 & played first test match against India in the same year. The beginning was so much awesome, Aminul Islam Bulbul made 145 run & Naimur Rahman Durjoy took 6 wicket.
6. Mushfiqur Rahim is the first Double centurion in Bangladesh Cricket History. He did it against Srilanka in 2013. And The Highest scorer of ODI is Tamim Iqbal. He made 154 run in just 138 balls. Against Zimbabwe in 2009 .
7. It’s time for world records guys. Bangladesh is not a much strong team but it actually own some cool world records. Like Shakib Al Hasan is the number one allrounder of world cricket. You remember Ashraful ? Mohammad Ashraful was banned from international cricket for spot fixing issue in 2014. but he was the youngest centurion in world test cricket.
8.You know what, it’s about earning man ! Money <3 ! Do you know How much a professional national team cricketer earn ? An A+ category player earns about 2 lakh bdt (around 2500$) while a D category player earns 60,000bdt (+ – 750$) Per Month. Sounds Poor ? Actually this is one of the highest earning for any government employee in Bangladesh.
By – Shimul Shahriar. ( Author’s Facebook Profile )