Media News is a collection of News of Entertainment from all over the world. How stars doing, playing. What they think, what they eat.
Shah Rukh is waiting for National Award, says will retire after that
Shah Rukh Khan said that playing a superstar and his young lookalike fan in Maneesh Sharma’s Fan was physically draining but a “very interesting and schizophrenic” experience.
Shah Rukh, who finished shooting the Yash Raj film that is currently on its extensive post-production, said that it was tough to transform himself into a 24-year-old person every day with the help of prosthetics.
The 50-year-old actor is happy that he got the opportunity to play a Delhi-based boy in the film.
Shah Rukh said that as far as the role of superstar Aryan Khanna is concerned, it is a milder version of his public persona.
“I don’t do the same in that film. We have never shown the star at shooting. We have never shown his flamboyance. That’s very different. That’s itself is internalised because that’s how perhaps I am at home, very normal and regular,” he added. The teaser of the movie has already captured the attention of fans, as SRK’s appearance is different despite the resemblance.
When asked whether he is expecting to sweep all the awards for Fan, Shah Rukh joked, “I am just waiting for the National Award, as I have decided to retire after getting one.”
Introducing former model Waluscha De Sousa as female lead, the film will release on April 15 next year.
Interstellar is most pirated movie of 2015
Interstellar has topped the list of the most pirated films of 2015, according to piracy tracking firm Excipio.
It said the movie was illegally downloaded 47 million times between 1 January and 25 December.
That beats the figure for last year’s list-topper, the Wolf of Wall Street, which was downloaded 30 million times.
All of this year’s top 10 most pirated films had over 30 million downloads, Excipio said.
“If you compare last year’s top 10 to this year the increase is enormous,” spokesman Benjamin Hauck told the BBC.
“The number of downloads for the top TV shows appears to be increasing,” added TorrentFreak’s editor Ernesto van der Sar.
“For some shows it is even exceeding the number of traditional viewers in the US.”
The news may surprise some, given the rise of subscription video on demand services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
However, Mark Mulligan of Midia Research said these services were still in their “infancy, and only have a slice of the content available”.
“To watch all of those popular TV shows legally, without a cable TV subscription, you’d need to pay $45 (£30) a month in the US across five different streaming services.
“And if you don’t happen to live in the US, hard luck, many of those shows are only available online with a pay-TV subscription.”
Mr van der Sar said the rise in internet connectivity in developing nations might also be pushing up the numbers.
According to Excipio, Brazil was responsible for the most illegal film downloads this year, followed by Russia, China and India.
The US was positioned fifth, down from third last year, and the UK seventh, down from sixth.
Sonu Nigam to rock Dhaka next year
Bollywood’s most loved voice Sonu Nigam is all set to rock Dhaka in an upcoming concert.
Reports suggest that Sonu Nigam will arrive in Dhaka on March 11 next year. In the concert titled ‘Rhythmic Night with Sonu Nigam’, the man of melody will be accompanied by Indian singer Prajakta Shukre. Organized by Event City, the show will feature a number of recognized Bangladeshi singers as well.
Sonu Nigam is one of the topmost Indian playback singers whose songs have been featured mainly in Hindi, Odia, Kannada, Punjabi, and Marathi movies. Sonu has been one of the highest paid Indian singers.
Regarded as one of the most versatile and soulful singers since his debut in the early 1990s, Nigam’s voice has enthralled people across age groups and geographies. Though he has consciously cut down on playback over the last few years, the few songs he does, like ‘Love is a waste of time’ (PK, 2014) and ‘Sapna jahan’ (Brothers, 2015), become chartbusters.
Leonardo DiCaprio reveals he turned down a role in Star Wars prequels
Can you imagine Leonardo DiCaprio, as a young heroic Jedi Knight? In a recent interview with ShortList, DiCaprio reveals it was almost a possibility, until he turned down the chance to play Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.
“I did have a meeting with George Lucas about that, yes,” the 41-year-old said. “I just didn’t feel ready to take that dive. At that point.” The role eventually went to Hayden Christensen.
The Revenant star also dished on other roles he had conversations about, but never actually took on, saying that he didn’t feel prepared for those at the time either. Some of the roles include Robin in Batman Forever and Peter Parker in Spider-Man.
While he may have passed on some big roles, the Oscar nominee is open to other potential blockbusters in the future, including playing a superhero.
“You never know. You never know,” he said. “They’re getting better and better as far as complex characters in these movies. I haven’t yet. But no, I don’t rule out anything.”
Regardless of what he takes on next, DiCaprio told ShortList he’s learned from his experiences working with some of the credits and says that he feels luck to have just been given a chance in this industry.
“It’s sometimes emotional watching [What’s Eating Gilbert Grape and This Boy’s Life] because I feel like I’m that kid again,” he said. “Really just incredibly happy to have gotten a shot. So I remember a lot of those moments on set like they were yesterday, especially working with people like De Niro and [Johnny] Depp at that age.
“It was like winning the lottery.”