today I’m sharing some cool facts about Samsung. The Tech Giant who built almost anything we use in daily tech life. From monitors, smartphones and a lots of things you never heard of. Think a minute, what about a military tank?
let me ask you a question. Who built this building?
It is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, currently the world’s tallest building.
okay not quite sure, what about this one?
These are the Petronas towers, two iconic skyscrapers in Malaysia.
well as it turns out Samsung built all of those skyscrapers! Sometimes when you look beneath the surface, fact is often stranger than fiction.
The History of Samsung:
The year is 1938 and the Western financial system was still recovering from one of the greatest crashes in history. The second world war is about to break out. It wasn’t such a rosy time but a less-known man named Lee Byung-chull (1910–1987) of a large landowning family in the Uiryeong county moved to nearby Daegu city and founded Samsung Sanghoe. Samsung started out as a small trading company with forty employees located in Su-dong.
It dealt in dried-fish, locally-grown groceries and made noodles. The company prospered and Lee moved its head office to Seoul in 1947. When the Korean War broke out, he was forced to leave Seoul. He started a sugar refinery in Busan named Cheil Jedang. In 1954, Lee founded Cheil Mojik and built the plant in Chimsan-dong, Daegu. It was the largest woollen mill ever in the country.
In the late 1960’s Samsung moved into electronics. The first-ever product produced by Samsung Electronics was actually a 12-inch black and white TV.
In 1970’s the company had moved into insurance securities and reach town. By 1983 the first Samsung computer The SPC-1000 had arrived this computer was a full two years ahead of windows PCs.
In the 90’s The company began to rise an international force in many industries. The company moved from strength to strength becoming market leaders by learning the trade of various industries. Samusng is also one of the most first oil companies in world history! Today many of us use their products in our daily lives from TVs to computers.
From smart watches and digital cameras,fridges,kitchenware to the chips that run on mobile phones Samsung produce everything.
8 Amazing Samsung Facts:
Make yourself comfortable guys and get ready to be surprised. Samsung is much bigger than you think.
Since 1993 Samsung Electronics has been the largest producer of memory chips in the world. The Sd card in your phone or pc hard drive.
- In fact the original iphone and numerous other devices run on Samsung manufactured chips.
- In 2011 Samsung became the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer. You’ve heard me right. Bigger than Apple, bigger than Microsoft and others.
- Starting from 2006 Samsung remained the largest television manufacturer in the world. They are also the largest manufacturers of LCD panels. Today more than ninety percent of the Amoled screen market is dominated by Samsung.
- The company spent 14 billion dollars in research and development in just 2014 alone.
- It has four hundred ninety thousand (49000) employees. More employees than Apple Google and Microsoft combined.
- Samsung invested two million dollars into the clothing brand FUBU just as it was about to die. FUBU has generated six billion dollars in sales since then. :p ( Smart dude :p )
- Well in terms of money, the company made 305 billion dollars in revenue in 2014. While Apple had $77 billion and Google Had 66 billion dollars.
Samsung also working on surveillance aeronautics automations and weapons technology. Some of the weapons
technology that Samsung has made includes a South Korean military robot designed to replace human counterparts.
- Samsung has also made the K9 Thunder.
A full-fledged army tank and if that wasn’t enough samsung also makes jet engines.
You Learned Something new Today? Let your friends know something new too by sharing this. Thanks For reading, stay awesome guys.